The Unit is responsible for coordination with academic sections regarding an approval channels for the new curriculum request, curriculum review , in-depth review of the syllabus and process, as well as funding for faculty development.
The scope of operations incorporate:
– examining certificate and undergraduate- level courses
– arranging official meetings of Curriculum Review Committee
– submitting reports to the Academic Council and the University Council.
– proposing courses for approval to Office of the Higher Education Commission
– coordinating and reviewing the release of degree titles
– provide accurate information about programs and courses for the undergraduate level curriculum
Funding for Personal Development
– establishing scholarship criteria for applicants, scholarship announcement and application process
– evaluating applications for funding for short/ long-term training, research, conference travel funds and visiting scholars fund.
– holding meetings of Grants Review Committee
– submitting reports to University Council and Academic Council
– making statistical reports and gathering information compiled for a grant report.
Information Technology Unit
– working on issues pertaining to curriculum databases
– managing database of faculty members and their course areas
– database collection of general subjects, undergraduate level
– relevant Public Relations
– investigating curriculum satisfaction
General Services Unit
– document and distribution Services.
– other tasks as assigned